Construction Superintendent Job Description
The construction superintendent’s primary role is the coordination and supervision of all field operations, safety, and construction execution on any assigned project(s). The superintendent is responsible for the safe, timely, and profitable delivery of each project. The position requires strong leadership, organization, dedication, and excellent communication and client service skills.
Our organization works in a dynamic, fast-paced industry that continually presents us with new and unique projects. We have great long-term clients and are constantly partnering with new ones. We pride ourselves in our commitment to client service that allows us to develop and maintain these long-standing relationships. We feel the same about our employees which we view as “family”. Accordingly, we are looking for individuals ready to make the same commitment to our company and clients alike. The ideal candidate is experienced, self-motivated, supportive of colleagues, hungry for new challenges, and eager to be a major part of a successful company.
• Direct, schedule, and supervise day-to-day field labor and subcontractor personnel
• Develop, implement, and enforce compliance with all site and company safety plans and policies
• Generate and manage project schedules with the Project Manager
• Communicate effectively with all internal and external clients, subcontractors, and Architects/Engineers
• Develop and implement site logistics plans with the client representative and Project Manager
• Coordinate all internal and 3rd party quality control, site testing, and inspections
• Inherent understanding of the importance of job site “presentation” and upkeep. Ability to organize, sign, populate, set-up, and maintain any size construction site to ensure safety, improve work efficiency, and exceed client expectations.
• Maintain and submit daily reports on all assigned project(s)
• Responsible for tracking, approving, and collecting time and material reports for internal staff and subcontractors when required
• Responsible for cost control in the execution of the work. Timely and accurate identification, notification, and documentation of any potential changes that arise
• Act as the primary liaison to internal and client EHS personnel on project-related safety items.
• Generate and maintain all project safety documentation including daily work permits, job safety analysis sheets, contractor training, etc.
• Maintain accurate red-line drawings and documents throughout the project in preparation for turnover packages
• Attend and be prepared to report updates in all project meetings including preconstruction meetings as required
• Understand local municipal and state permitting and inspection requirements and procedures. Apply for and obtain project permits
• When required, direct and supervise internal staff on non-project related work such as daily maintenance, repairs, and client work orders
• Ability to balance several small to medium size projects at different stages in the construction life cycle
• Perform estimates and prepare clear written proposals for change orders and smaller projects
• Participate in company trainings and staff meetings
• Supervising and mentoring field personnel.
Required Job Skills and Abilities
• Excellent client service skills
• Professional appearance and approach to all aspects of the job
• Demonstrated knowledge and commitment to standard industry safety practices
• Strong leadership and ability to effectively communicate and connect with clients, co-workers, and subcontractors
• Understanding of all aspects of the construct process and general industry practices, norms, and expectations
• Experience in the full cross-section of commercial field construction from ground-up civil activities to MEP installations to architectural finishes
• Ability to identify issues and problem-solve independently or as a collective
• Excellent organizational and time-management skills
• Current Unrestricted CSL
• Computer literacy is a must. Proficiency in MS Office programs- Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point
• Experience with MS Project
Education and Experience
• Construction Management, Engineering, or related degree required
• 10+ years industry experience, 5+ years Superintendent experience specifically
• Life Sciences, lab, or clean room experience required
• OSHA Certification
Architectural Environments, Inc. offers a competitive compensation package, which includes:
• Group health insurance
• Group dental insurance
• 401(k) retirement program with employer matching component
• Short-term and long-term disability insurance
• Paid vacation and sick time
• Tuition assistance
Please email your resume to email@example.com