Carpenter Maintenance Technician Job Description
AEI is seeking a full-time skilled Carpenter/Maintenance Technician to expand our in-house tradesmen staff. This position will work in conjunction with a team of carpenters to perform various construction and facilities maintenance tasks, and may report to a lead carpenter/foreman, superintendent, or project manager, depending on the circumstances of specific projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Installation of architectural upgrades and finishes including but not limited to wall partitions, insulation, ceilings, floors, doors & frames, hardware, casework, and other specialty items.
- Perform various architectural facilities maintenance tasks as required within occupied office and laboratory spaces
- Place material orders as required
- Take directions from AEI superintendent and/or project manager
- Inspect and maintain company owned tools and equipment as they pertain to particular projects
- Maintain jobsite cleanliness
- General knowledge of construction methods and materials, including framing, drywall, doors/frames, hardware, patching/painting, acoustic ceiling systems, flooring, etc.
- Proficient in using standard industry tools and equipment, including both hand and power tools
- Ability to read measuring devices such as a tape measure, level, laser, square, etc.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Must be able to communicate efficiently with supervisors, colleagues, and clients
- Must be able to navigate the use of a smart phone and computer/tablet to read and respond to emails and texts
- Must have exceptional interpersonal skills and a desire to learn
- Prior experience in commercial construction/maintenance required
- OSHA 10 required. OSHA 30 preferred.
- First Aid & CPR certifications a plus
- Ability to work in conditions that may require walking/standing on hard surfaces for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to lift/move construction materials on a regular basis (upwards of 70 lbs)
- Ability to ascend/descend a ladder
- Must be physically able to wear a face mask for the duration of the work day
- Overall dexterity, stamina, and physical condition to work daily on a construction site
- Subject to criminal background check and drug test
- Clean and valid Driver’s License required
- Group health insurance
- Group dental insurance
- 100% company paid short-term & long-term disability
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching component
- Paid vacation/holidays/sick time
- Tuition reimbursement
Please forward your resume to Kim@aei1.com or fax it to us at 978-458-6106. We look forward to meeting with you!.